Well we survived the snow bomb yesterday! It’s funny how we live in New England where twelve inches of snow isn’t out of the ordinary and with each storm, people get frantic prepping! I mean, for 24 hours being stuck in your house, why don’t you need to stock up your pantry with enough food for thirty days and clear out all the shelves at Wegman’s? Haha.
With that said, it has been outrageously cold this winter. As weird as that sounds as a statement. We’ve been in the negative teens for weeks. It was -27 one day last week where my dad lives! WHAT?! That’s the part of winter where all fashion goes straight out the window and you look like the Michelin man attempting to hide any sliver of skin 😆 And you avoid going outside at all costs. That’s probably what I miss most about warm weather. Going to get a simple coffee doesn’t require fifteen minutes of prep! But not complaining.. I’m lucky to have a warm home and roof over my head.
With this cold wather, I’ve been living in loungewear pieces. While at the mall a couple weeks ago, I stumbled upon this cute thermal top. I’m not usually drawn to boho, Free People-esque type of clothes, but lately I’ve been accumulating those types of pieces! It’s the perfect example of not judging a book by its cover.
On the rack, I wouldn’t normally reach for this or this, but they are two of my favorite items as of lately. I challenge you to step outside of your comfort zone next time you’re at the mall and grab a couple pieces that you wouldn’t consider your ‘style and see how it goes! I’ve realized boho-ish pieces can still be feminine and girly when incorporating other pieces into your look.
Any who, since I’ve been living in loungewear I wanted to share my absolute favorites as of lately. To keep this from being a typical Mindy novel of a post, I’m going to simply bullet them below and provide sizing recommendations.
1. Out From Under Jojo Oversized Thermal Button-Front Top: runs true to size
2. Out From Under Don’t Wait Cozy Fleece Jogger Pant : go up one size
3. Free People Intimately FP Adella Longline Bralette: run true to size
4. Make + Model Best Boyfriend Brushed Hacci Lounge Pants: run true to size
5. Barefoot Dream Cozychic Lite Pullover: if prefer oversized feel, go up one size
6. Make + Model Good Vibes Jogger: run true to size
7. Ugg Scuffette II Studded Slipper: run true to size
8. Nordstrom Butter Slipper Socks
9. Leigh Cozy Ribbed Pullover: go up one size for oversized fit
10. Free People Aster Henley Top: go down one size
11. Free People Laguna Thermal Top: runs true to size
12. Lush Deep V-Neck T: fits true to size
13. Zella Live-In High Waist Leggings: fits true to size
14. PJ Salvage Lip Print Tee: fits true to size
15. Dream Scene Relaxed Sweatshirt: fits true to size
Which is your favorite?! Xo Mindy
SHOP LOUNGEWEAR PIECES
SHOP THE LOOK